Today I got the call from my breast surgeon with her recommendation on who would be best not only for my reconstruction but also for my particular set of medical issues. On April 20th I'll be going in to see Dr. Michael Beckenstein at St. Vincent's Hospital in Birmingham to discuss my options for my reconstruction.
At this point I'm just trying not to completely obsess over what's going on soon. But it's hard to do because I really just want to get this over with and deal with it.
I've started to compose some questions to ask my plastic surgeon. Maybe they could help you.
- How long will my surgery take?
- What are my best options/choices for reconstruction?
- Where will my scars be?
- Will there be sutures to remove after surgery?
- How long will my hospital stay be?
- How long until I can work, drive, have sex?
- What kind of anesthesia will be used?
- What is the percentage of infection?
- How many drains will I have?
- How long will I have the drains?
- How long will the implant last?
- How will aging affect my reconstructed breasts?
- What happens if I gain or lose weight?
- Who is the manufacturer of my implant?
- Do they have a product warranty?
- How will my reconstructed breasts feel?
- Will they feel natural?
- How many surgeries have you done like this?
- How many successful surgeries?
- How many unsuccessful?
- How long until my reconstruction is fully complete?
This is all I have for now. I will leave you with a picture of my sweet Beau to get you by until my next update. She's a lover.