Skip to main content

Inlaws And Boot Camp



Well well well. Yesterday marked the day we let our folks fly the nest. Yes, I believe they are ready. They found a nice little (VERY little) apartment, and we moved them yesterday. Now I have 3 empty rooms, well, 2 1/2, one room packed to the ceiling with boxes, and a living room with boxes. Why not let them keep their stuff here in one of my many rooms, right? I mean I have FIVE. So we just have to go through them, and make it so Mother (for blog purposes my mother in law will heretofore be know as Mother, and my mom as Mom) can get to what she needs easily. Currently, I am on the bed, since I can't sit on my couch, lol, and enjoying the sound of an empty house.

Believe it or not, I miss the goofballs. NEVER thought I would say that. But....it's odd not to have Mother right there to goof off with. We've grown quite close, and I love to give her down the road about all sortsa stuff. Same with Pop. He doesn't take it QUITE as well, but he's still fun as well. So Aaron has left to spent the weekend with Ashley (his daughter, for those of you who don't know), and chaperone a school trip she is on.

We are still praying we find work. Please continue to pray for my brother, again, I won't be telling anyone why, he just needs a lot of prayer. I miss my friends, so y'all need to invite yourselves over. This is OPEN invitation. It may be a mess, but you don't need to worry ab out OUR schedule, cause we don't have one. Just gotta worry about yours.

I start school soon, and Aaron will hopefully be doing vocational rehab through the VA. They will pay for everything, which would rock. So for now, I think I am going to relax my body, and enjoy the peace and quiet. Maybe later I will walk the dogs. So ciao for now.

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord. "Plans to keep you, and not to harm you. Plans to give you hope and a future." - Jeremiah 29:11

~Kris~

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

More Things They Don't Tell You

They don't tell you that you'll come home after the first visit to the Cancer Treatment Center and your plants will be dead. Not the "I forgot to water it" dead. But DEAD.    That the first thing you think upon entering the house and depositing your bag is, "Shit. Everything around me is dying." Or that weeks later you'll be listening to your boyfriend and friends playing bluegrass and you'll think of your mom. Asleep in her bed with that ridiculously hilarious sleep mask on.  How is she losing weight when she's eating 8 times a day? Did you know there's a name for "wasting away"? It's cachexia.  I hate the phrase wasting away. As if someone isn't doing something to try and help. My brothers and sister in law and I are keeping sharp tabs on her medical notes and feeding her healthy, high calorie protein rich food. But it just falls right off. Maybe we're just trying to WILL her body to start acting eight.  Ho

Don't Ignore The Pain of Infertility

This week is National Infertility Awareness Week and the fine people at RESOLVE have challenged Bloggers to write a blog post with the theme of “Don’t Ignore Infertility”. In your life, in the lives of your family and friends, don’t ignore infertility. The words that so make so many of our hearts drop to our feet are: “Just relax, it will happen” and “Just trust God’s will”.  These (and others) are phrases that I can’t stand. They are meant to be helping words. Kind words. Words to uplift and give encouragement. And yet as quick as they are spoken, they cut to the quick and cause resentment, anger and bitterness. Some people experience infertility and never have biological children. Others have children and experience infertility after that, called secondary infertility . Either way, it hurts. There is no cure, and the best that we can hope for is to find some other (albeit very costly) way to get pregnant or have that child we dream of. I got married last week to a wonderful m

Anxiety, Caregiving, Separation from Kids and other anxiety and depression related things

 Today was a super hard day.  Yesterday I was supposed to leave with The Man to go to California for a vacation. Something everyone, including Momma said I needed. Well, American Airlines canceled the flight due to the weather in DFW.  I took a 1/4 of my Xanax (which I've never taken) to sleep last night and woke up feeling emotionally, physically and mentally unstable in an EXTREME way. Add to that when I'm away from The Boy from more than a few days it really hits my depression in a way that nothing else, even the stuff with my Momma does.  Today was taxing. It was hard to keep my head on straight and I felt like I was going crazy. I felt as if I couldn't control anything and needed to be hospitalized. Not because I'm suicidal or even depressed. But because my level of stress and anxiety is so beyond the norm that I felt like I just needed to be placed somewhere safe without anything to say, do, or experience. Except The Boy.  The Man is amazed by my level of love for