Skip to main content

Last Days, Tomorrow - A New Chapter

So today Huck and I spent the day together. First we dropped off his uniforms at work - POO TO THEM! - and then we just kinda hung out. We checked out the Harley shop in Anniston, and then went to an antique store, just your basic window shopping. I am soooo going to miss him. Our "uncle"/friend is also leaving Monday for his new job. He's been staying with us since January. So that's good. I've been trying not to think of how much I am going to miss Huck. I figure I can deal with it later. I don't want to make him think twice. I know he is going to have a hard time without me too. Especially considering the fact that we are much closer than normal married couples. SOOOOO....I am making him a special box to take with him, that he won't be able to open until he misses me so bad he can't stand it. THEN he can open it. What's in it? I dunno what I'll put in it yet. We'll see. So, tonight he'll have a good dinner, and tomorrow, and then tomorrow night I take him to the bus station. It will be at least three months before I see him again. Sigh. Okay, lets not think about that. Tonight we're going to veg together, play some cards, and just be. Tomorrow I'll pack his stuff for him, and yeah. Okay all, so yeah, extra prayers for both of us, and keep in tough with me. I'm gonna need it, and so will he.

K

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post Partum Depression: The Myth

I used to be like everyone. I figured PPD was mostly just a sad woman with a newborn who's hormones were  out of whack. Then when my son was born, we experienced a pretty traumatic birth and C section. My milk never came in. I started Reglan to help produce milk and it caused PPD. I saw a doctor, got off the meds, stopped trying to breastfeed, simple right? I'm fixed. 
Except it's not that simple. Yesterday my son turned 9 months old and I still struggle daily with PPD. Turns out it wasn't "just the medication". I'm in school full time. I don't work. I'm blessed to have my surprise miracle son, as well as the opportunity to stay home with him. But that's not right either, because PPD doesn't care how blessed you are. This is the silent struggle. The stigma. Sure, once we're all being candid behind our screens we'll talk about it. With strangers. With "internet friends". I mean, if you talk about it with PEOPLE you'll b…

He Will NOT Stop Crying!!

"He will NOT stop crying!"
That phrase characterized my son's first few months of life. Screaming, crying with no relief. Change the diaper, change the clothes, feed him, rock him. NOTHING HELPED!!
And I heard it all. "Oh he's colicky." and "well, he's just an irritable baby" (that gem was from his pediatrician) and "flip him end to end" and "he's just manipulating you" (yes- the four month old baby). 
I was an emotional, confused mess. All I could think was there was SOMETHING wrong with my sweet boy. I KNEW it. And no one would listen except my husband. As a first time mom, albeit a "maternally advanced" mom, you get treated like you just don't know. You get dismissed. But I digress.
Did you know that the sound of an infant's cries are used in torture? I am not surprised. Listening to the boy child cry was pure torture and all I could do was cry with him.
I went round and round with doctors, who wouldn…

High Risk Appointments and Ligament Stretching

Because I am going to be 35 when the baby is born, as well as my Hughes Syndrome, my OB thought it best that we consult with a high risk doctor at Maternal Fetal Medicine from UAB.  I was 10 weeks for that appointment and everything went great. They did an ultrasound and Andrew got to see the baby for the first time. Apparently our little Turner hears the music because during the ultrasound he was bobbing his head, almost like it was in tune to music.



This is 10 weeks of baby. My ligament stretching and pain has started and today it's been pretty bad. I can tell I'm pregnant thanks to my belly and I'm pretty shocked that I'm this big this fast. That being said, somehow, somewhere, I'm going to have to find a bra that holds these babies in. Because that is the other place that I'm rapidly expanding. 
Little Turner is growing quickly as well. Everything looked great. Heartbeat and all. And of course Daddy Andrew was just flabbergasted and excited.






So apparently e…