Skip to main content

Keeper of the Castle, Protector of the Progeny

Well.



It's been quite some time since I've posted. Currently I have an old month old son, Myles. I start back to school for the fall semester in a few days. He, obviously, is the light of my life. So. Where were we? I was getting a mastectomy and finishing up school.

Eventually the mastectomy will happen. I'm still adjusting in my new role as "Mom". I'm kinda rocking it, I'll be honest. Except currently I have this hardcore neck ache because The Boy is a Velcro baby. If you have kids- you know what that is. If you don't- hahahahahahahaha. Wait. Just wait. You'll hear that a lot from me now, but it's all in love and fun.

I don't have many blog followers, and because it's public there won't be photos of my son, but baby photos are okay, right?  









Okay.
That's my love, Mr. Myles. Now that I've shared him, it's doubtful you'll see more. This boy has started trying to stand without support at 7 months old.

What? They do that? And then someone said, "oh well you'll convert him to a toddler bed at 18 months." So in 8 more months you want me to put my BABY in a real bed? Why don't I just give him my keys and retire as the family driver? What is this nonsense?

Y'all. He's so damn smart. I mean. He was crawling at 4 1/2 months. Well. It's insane. Luckily he's not a genius, because he's still not cleaning house or doing my homework, but he HAS tried to clean my face with a washcloth, so either my face is super dirty and I need to fix that (when was my last shower again? or else he's just super fastidious. 

And on the topic of showers. No one tells you that 8 months after the baby is born you'll still have a hard time showering. They act like once he's not "new" anymore it will be fine. They are ugly liars. It will not be fine. I set a reminder on my phone last night to make sure I at least brush my teeth everyday. And he's 8 months old!!

Many of those same people will tell you let the baby cry. For now, I won't even go there except to say, if you were crying and upset because your world had ended, wouldn't you want to be comforted?

Anyways. So here's my welcome back to me post. I have the app on my phone so MAYBE there will be more posts. But I also can't remember to brush my teeth or shower so it's really up in the air at this point. Happy Saturday!!

K

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Don't Ignore The Pain of Infertility

This week is National Infertility Awareness Week and the fine people at RESOLVE have challenged Bloggers to write a blog post with the theme of “Don’t Ignore Infertility”. In your life, in the lives of your family and friends, don’t ignore infertility. The words that so make so many of our hearts drop to our feet are: “Just relax, it will happen” and “Just trust God’s will”.  These (and others) are phrases that I can’t stand. They are meant to be helping words. Kind words. Words to uplift and give encouragement. And yet as quick as they are spoken, they cut to the quick and cause resentment, anger and bitterness. Some people experience infertility and never have biological children. Others have children and experience infertility after that, called secondary infertility . Either way, it hurts. There is no cure, and the best that we can hope for is to find some other (albeit very costly) way to get pregnant or have that child we dream of. I got married last week to a wonderful m

Anxiety, Caregiving, Separation from Kids and other anxiety and depression related things

 Today was a super hard day.  Yesterday I was supposed to leave with The Man to go to California for a vacation. Something everyone, including Momma said I needed. Well, American Airlines canceled the flight due to the weather in DFW.  I took a 1/4 of my Xanax (which I've never taken) to sleep last night and woke up feeling emotionally, physically and mentally unstable in an EXTREME way. Add to that when I'm away from The Boy from more than a few days it really hits my depression in a way that nothing else, even the stuff with my Momma does.  Today was taxing. It was hard to keep my head on straight and I felt like I was going crazy. I felt as if I couldn't control anything and needed to be hospitalized. Not because I'm suicidal or even depressed. But because my level of stress and anxiety is so beyond the norm that I felt like I just needed to be placed somewhere safe without anything to say, do, or experience. Except The Boy.  The Man is amazed by my level of love for

More Things They Don't Tell You

They don't tell you that you'll come home after the first visit to the Cancer Treatment Center and your plants will be dead. Not the "I forgot to water it" dead. But DEAD.    That the first thing you think upon entering the house and depositing your bag is, "Shit. Everything around me is dying." Or that weeks later you'll be listening to your boyfriend and friends playing bluegrass and you'll think of your mom. Asleep in her bed with that ridiculously hilarious sleep mask on.  How is she losing weight when she's eating 8 times a day? Did you know there's a name for "wasting away"? It's cachexia.  I hate the phrase wasting away. As if someone isn't doing something to try and help. My brothers and sister in law and I are keeping sharp tabs on her medical notes and feeding her healthy, high calorie protein rich food. But it just falls right off. Maybe we're just trying to WILL her body to start acting eight.  Ho